Board of Directors:
- Dr. Raymond D. Rawson, Chairman
- Hilarie Hicks Robison, Vice Chairman
- Ace Robison, Founding Chairman
- Janet Marshall, Secretary
- Ginger Ewell, Treasurer
- Elizabeth Adams, Director
- Dr. Scott Beckstrand, Director
Honor Code (PDF 183KB)
Why a new college?
- There is a great need for small colleges offering quality education for students of faith.
- Approx. 56,000 LDS college-age students must go elsewhere every year because of enrollment limits at church schools (Desert Valley will serve 2,000 – 2,500).
- Secular schools do not offer the desired moral atmosphere for training our future leaders of community, church, and nation.
Why in rural Southern Nevada?
- Moapa Valley is ideally situated in the center of the western LDS population.
- Strong, pioneer LDS community with unique, wholesome lifestyle.
- Mild climate with year-round recreation.
- 55 miles northeast of Las Vegas on I-15.